May 6, 2017
Sanctioned by PNWORCA
Registration information (Pre-registration is now open!)
Columbia River Outrigger Canoe Club (CROCC) is proud to present the 23th Annual Race Around the Island (RATI) as the opening race of the 2018 PNW-ORCA Summer Race Season. We hope you will join us at Chinook Landing Marine Park in Fairview Oregon on April 28, 2018.
Chinook Landing is a 67 acre marine park with a six-lane public boat ramp, picnic areas with a large parking lot, flush restrooms, a seasonal river patrol station and connections to Portland’s 40 mile loop trail. The site also includes interpretive signage, mainly about the nearby wetlands. Lewis and Clark likely stopped near the site.
A Continental Breakfast, Coffee, and Water will be provided to our participants. We will also be selling BBQ lunch
At the end of the day, there will be a Raffle and Awards presentation.
- The Long course is a 8-10 mile* paddle around Island, and is open to all divisions.
- The short course is a 4-6 mile* loop also open to all divisions.
*All course lengths are subject to change due to conditions.
Open to Mixed, Women, and Men with Open, Novice, Masters, Senior Masters, and Kupuna Divisions. In addition we are inviting small boats (OC1, OC2, Surfski, …) or Paddle Boarders (SUP) to complete.
- 8:00 – 9:00 – Open registration
- 9:00 – 9:30 – Opening Ceremony
- 9:35 – 10:00 – Open registration
- 9:30 – 9:55 – Steersperson meeting
- 10:00 – Women’s and Mixed long course and All short course participants
- 15 minutes after the completion of the previous race – Men’s long course
- Awards ceremony and raffle to follow the completion of the Men’s long course
- All participants and equipment must comply with PNW-ORCA rules www.pnworca.org/racing/official-rules/.
- The race director reserves the right to combine or eliminate categories that do not have enough competitors.
- The Columbia River is a popular recreational boating area and motor boat traffic may be heavy at times. There is also commercial shipping traffic that has the right of way. There are wing dams off shore and strong currents.
- The race director reserves the right to change the course due to conditions (e.g. weather, boating traffic, water conditions) that may pose a threat to participants.
Take Exit 14 off I-84 and head North. The boat ramp is at the end of NE 223rd Ave.
Fees are $5.00 per day Debit, Visa, or MasterCard payments only, NO CASH. Overnight parking requires a 2-day pass. There are 74 parking spaces plus 300 slots for trailers.