Registration information (Pre-registration is now open!)
Watch a recap of RATI 2018!
Columbia River Outrigger Canoe Club (CROCC) is proud to present the 24th Annual Race Around the Island (RATI) as the opening race of the 2019 PNW-ORCA Summer Race Season. We hope you will join us at Chinook Landing Marine Park in Fairview Oregon on May 4, 2019.
Chinook Landing is a 67 acre marine park with a six-lane public boat ramp, picnic areas with a large parking lot, flush restrooms, a seasonal river patrol station and connections to Portland’s 40 mile loop trail. The site also includes interpretive signage, mainly about the nearby wetlands. Lewis and Clark likely stopped near the site.
A Continental Breakfast, Coffee, and Water will be provided to our participants. We will also be selling BBQ lunch
At the end of the day, there will be a Raffle and Awards presentation.
Events: Please note the change to the Start Line for all Heats from previous years. The Long Course route has been altered to accommodate the Start Line change.
- The Long course is a 10+ mile paddle open to all divisions.
- The Short course is a 4-6 mile paddle open to all divisions.
**All course lengths are subject to change due to conditions
Open to Mixed, Women, and Men with Novice, Open, Master 40, Master 50, Master 60 and Master 70 Divisions.
- 8:00 – 9:00 – Open registration
- 9:00 – 9:30 – Steers person/ Individual Paddler meeting
- 9:30 – 9:55 – Opening Ceremony
- 10:00 – Mixed long course, all divisions
- 10:05 – Women’s long course, all divisions
- Men’s Long and All Short Course participants to start 30 minutes after completion of first heat.
- Awards ceremony and raffle to follow the completion of the Men’s long course.
- All participants and equipment must comply with PNW-ORCA rules www.pnworca.org/racing/official-rules/.
- The race director reserves the right to combine or eliminate categories that do not have enough competitors.
- The Columbia River is a popular recreational boating area and motor boat traffic may be heavy at times. There is also commercial shipping traffic that has the right of way. There are wing dams off shore and strong currents.
- The race director reserves the right to change the course due to conditions (e.g. weather, boating traffic, water conditions) that may pose a threat to participants.
Take Exit 14 off I-84 and head North. The boat ramp is at the end of NE 223rd Ave.
Fees are $5.00 per day Debit, Visa, or MasterCard payments only, NO CASH. Overnight parking requires a 2-day pass. There are 74 parking spaces plus 300 slots for trailers.
Trailer Storage Options for the week between The Rusty Iron and RATI:
In an effort to reduce transportation costs and encourage participation, CROCC members will provide trailer/canoe storage options for the week between The Rusty Iron Race and RATI for teams traveling from outside the greater Portland/Vancouver area. Please contact the Race Director if you would like to take advantage of this offer. Contact Cris Trimble: Email – email@example.com or cell 503-358-2828.